Welcome to East Surrey District Scouts!
From today (6 July), the rules in England have changed and we are moving to the Amber readiness level, alongside the rest of the youth sector.
This means for most Scouts in England you can now organise COVID-19 safe face-to-face activities outdoors only with a maximum group size of 15.
New: TSA guidance downloads here
Please note that:
- Leaders need to be included in this maximum group size number.
- No young person or adult volunteer can move between different groups of 15 on the same day.
- This is for all Sections except for Scout Network, as the rules cover under 18s only. Scout Network must follow the same rules as adults in social settings.
- No face to face activity can take place until you have done all the preparations to ensure a safe return, and these written risk assessments and plans have been approved locally.
- Residential activities and international trips are not currently permitted.
- Read all the guidance and steps that need to be taken before any face to face activity can resume.
East Surrey District looks after uniformed Scouting in a large area of eastern Surrey bordering London, Kent and East and West Sussex. Our Groups are 1st Burstow, 1st Hedgecourt (Felbridge), 1st Lingfield & Dormansland, 1st Lagham (South Godstone), 1st Godstone, 1st Oxted (Oxted and Hurst Green) and 1st Tatsfield.
District Commissioner: Nick Hough