Have you submitted an application yet for the 2019 World Scout Jamboree? An adventure beyond anything you can imagine, you could join 45,000 Scouts in West Virginia, USA for 12 days of fun and friendship. This is the biggest and best event that world Scouting can offer.
Your application must be received by 17th September 2017
How do I find out more?
- A full information pack is available at http://www.eastsurreydistrictscouts.org.uk/sections/scouts/jamboree-2019/
- More info is available here: http://www.surrey-scouts.org.uk/wsj/youth.html
- And you can read FAQs here: http://www.surrey-scouts.org.uk/wsj/faqs.html
How much does it cost?
The final fee is not yet known but is likely to be in the region of £3-3,500 which covers everything, including food and transport. As with all Scouting activities, we don’t want people to be put off applying to attend the Jamboree on financial grounds:
- East Surrey District plan to subsidise the fee to a certain amount.
- Your Group may be willing to subsidise the cost and will also support your fundraising activities
- Other bursaries and financial support may be available at a local and national level
- Fundraising is part of the experience, and past participants have found it possible to fundraise their whole fee!
How do I apply?
- Have been born between 22nd July 2001 and 21st July 2005.
- Complete online application form by 17th September 2017: http://wsj.surrey-scouts.org.uk/
- Attend East Surrey/Caterham District joint selection camp at Frylands Wood on from 0800 Saturday September 30th to 12 noon on Sunday 1st October.
You will receive an automatic confirmation e-mail after applying – if you do not receive this your application has not successfully submitted. We will be in touch afterwards with details of the selection camp.
If you have any questions about applying, please do get in touch with me as soon as possible!